Moderate Writers Wanted for my Blog!

With all the hats I’m wearing, I hardly have time to blog once a week.  If I’m lucky, twice a week, and on very rare occasions three times.

Anyway, I had an idea.  I’d like to invite others to write on my blog.  I would like my blog to be a voice of moderation among all the online polarisation that is going on in Bahrain.

So, this is my invitation for moderates (on either side of the fence) to submit articles to be published right here.  What constitutes a “moderate”? I guess it’s not easy to define, but if you’re a “death to Al-Khalifa” person then you’re not moderate, and if you’re a “all Shias are Iran-backed traitors” then you’re also not moderate.

I’d like this blog to be a starting point for healing and reconciliation (I have more to write about this, inshallah soon).  So I’d prefer articles that focus on unity and bringing people together, rather than focusing on blame and on what separates us.

Of course that does not mean you cannot mention the crisis, you can, but I don’t want you to dwell on it.  The blame game has been played to death.  The real challenge is for us to move forward as a nation.  We have to co-exist on this small island Kingdom.

So, if you have something to share, I want to hear it!  Here’s what you should do:

1) First, no synonyms please!  I won’t accept articles by “J. H.”  or “Sad Bahraini”.  If you want to write here then you got have the guts to use your real name.

2) Email my PA with the article (can be Arabic or English).  Her email is Eman[at]ghazialgosaibi[dot]com.

3) I will review and if it’s good I’ll publish it, and will probably ask you for more.

I know some people will be cynical and say how can I claim to be a moderate if I sided with the supposedly “evil government.” To me a moderate is not someone who did not take sides, but rather someone who can listen to and respect the other side’s opinion.  does that make sense?

So I welcome any opinion, as long as it’s respectful and focuses on the future and unity.

I hope to hear from you.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and talk to you soon.

12 Responses to Moderate Writers Wanted for my Blog!

1. bob 10 October 2011 at 3:55 am #

Good idea we need more modertae voices. But you may need to change your blog name from Radical to Moderate Dojo!

2. Suhail 10 October 2011 at 4:01 am #

How about Suhail Algosaibi’s Radically Moderate Dojo?

3. Hanan 10 October 2011 at 4:33 am #

Good idea which would explore talents.I think i was with you on BBC world English at Eid night & yes i consider myself as (moderate).Never tried to write but I usually express my opinions to columns written in newspapers, though, believe i have the capability to do so mainly in Arabic .Does it make a diffrence?.

• Suhail 10 October 2011 at 11:52 am #

Arabic is fine and welcome. However, any contributor must have experience and know how to write…

4. Ahmed Farhaz Farouk 10 October 2011 at 12:04 pm #

I am not a Bahraini, but have lived in this wonderful place for the past 12 years. It’s saddening to see this place like this and I too like to contribute to the reconciliation process. Could I too participate in this effort of yours, Suhail?

5. Scott 10 October 2011 at 4:27 pm #

Hi Suhail,

I lived in Bahrain from ’86-’94 and from ’99 – 2010. I live in Dubai and come back for weekends. I wrote online for years in Usenet groups, so I can write. I know Bahrain well. May I .. ?

6. Suhail 10 October 2011 at 9:19 pm #

All contributions are welcome as long as they serve the cause.

7. S.Salah 11 October 2011 at 1:37 am #

Things will only get better when everyone of us or at least most of us become” A prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own”

Bahrain’s love unites us

Thanks for your efforts

8. Hussain Tadayon 12 October 2011 at 12:41 pm #

Am I glad to see this overdue initiative. We all long for a peaceful world. That can only come about if there is genuine good well on all sides and where is respect for each other. I wish you every success.

Hussain

1. 7 Months after February 14 | Suhail Algosaibi’s Radical Dojo - 14 October 2011

[…] couple of days ago, I asked for other writers to contribute to my blog.  I want to turn my blog into be a voice of moderation among all the online polarisation that is […]

2. Polarization: It’s Personal | Suhail Algosaibi’s Radical Dojo - 3 November 2011

[…] A few weeks ago I asked for moderate writers to contribute to my blog, and I’m delighted to publish the third contribution.  This one is by transpersonal psychologist Nasreen Tadayon.  Hope you like it! – Suhail. […]