DreamBody Centre Moving to Bahrain Mall

This news item will be good news for most of our readers, but maybe disappointing for others. Let me explain….

You know, we’ve been wanting to open a DreamBody Centre (DBC) in, or near Manama for a very long time, and we’ve had people requesting it for ages.  But we’ve never found a good location.  Our main criteria for opening a DBC are:

1) A relatively busy area with a high population density.

2) A good “showroom” space on a main road.

3) Ample parking.

Can you believe that these three criteria are almost impossible to find these days?  There is a huge shortage in Bahrain of decent showrooms with sufficient parking (while there is an over supply of luxury villas and offices).  One of the main reasons we had to close down our Seef district branch was because parking spaces were becoming very scarce.

So after looking for a long time, we finally found an excellent location in the Bahrain Mall.  We found a nice place with 486 sq. m of space.  Also, the Bahrain Mall has the highest number of parking spaces per 100 sq. m of retail space.  Now I know some of you might be worried about going to work out in a mall, but let me assure you that the location is easy to get to, and quite discrete.  We’ll even have our very own entrance into the mall, as we’re taking one of the fire exits as our personal entrance.

I think this will be good for most of our members as they’ve been complaining about how far Hamala is.  It will also be good for us as we’ll benefit from the traffic in the mall.

The down side is that we’ll actually close down our Hamala branch, so some of our members who live in the area will be disappointed.  But to be honest in today’s economic environment, it just doesn’t make sense to have two locations.

Here’s the press release I sent out regarding the DBC move:

One of Bahrain’s most well known fitness and weight loss centres is moving to a new location.  The DreamBody Centre, Bahrain’s first and only 23 minute weight loss and fitness centre will move from Hamala to the Bahrain Mall.  The move is expected to take place in the next couple of months.

“We’ve had people asking as for a long time to move closer to the capital,” said DreamBody Centre founder Suhail Algosaibi.  “But we’ve always had a problem in finding a good location, as most retail outlets lack sufficient parking.  We finally found an excellent space in the Bahrain Mall, which also has the highest ratio of parking spaces per 100 sq. m of retail space of any mall in Bahrain,” added Mr. Algosaibi.
“We are very excited to have the DreamBody Centre come into our mall,” said Bahrain Mall Manager Michael Simmelink.  “I have no doubt that our mall will serve the new centre’s needs very well, and will complement our existing portfolio of retail stores very well,” added Mr. Simmelink.

The fit out work is expected to start this August, and the opening is expected to be in the first week of November at the latest.  For more information visit www.DreamBodyCentre.com.

Anyway, I’ll share more with you as things develop, I’ll also share some 3D perspectives with you.

Talk soon.

20 Responses to DreamBody Centre Moving to Bahrain Mall

1. Ali M. ALSABBAGH 2 August 2011 at 11:53 pm #

I firmly think it was an excellent business decision, and I wish your business all the success in its new location 🙂

2. mariam 3 August 2011 at 12:14 am #

I wish u can open a branch in Amwaj

• The Show Stopper 19 June 2012 at 5:51 am #

but poor people might not be able to join it in Amwaj

3. Samantha 3 August 2011 at 12:20 am #

Excellent! Although it may inconvenience a few of your members, I think overall this is an excellent move. More centrally located and with options to work out and complete other chores as well… post office, groceries or meet friends for coffee.
    Good luck!

4. Suhail 3 August 2011 at 12:43 am #

Thanks all 🙂 Mariam, next step will be somewhere in Muharraq inshallah.

5. Aysha 3 August 2011 at 12:58 am #

Yippeeeee!!!
    I was quite sad when you closed down the Seef branch at which point I stopped coming altogether as I did not cherish the thought of going out to Hamala several times a week. As a concequence I have turned into “miss piggy”. Great news, I’m so pleased and can’t wait to begin!

6. claire 3 August 2011 at 2:48 am #

This sounds excellent for me –

7. OsmanSafdar 3 August 2011 at 3:58 am #

Great news! 🙂

8. suad 3 August 2011 at 7:14 am #

🙁 very sad to hear that … !!!!!!

My plan was to join after RAMADAN !!!
    NOW I CANT … :'(

(am living in hamad town & my office in Budyia … ya3ny NOWAY)

Goodluck 🙂

9. Elizabeth 4 August 2011 at 1:11 am #

Maybe finally I can use the 3 month membership u offered me last year! So excited for u! Hope it becomes everything u wish for x Elizabeth Wuest

10. Afaf 4 August 2011 at 10:08 am #

Oh, great news!!!

I have been wanting to join for a while… now I’m all motivated!!! After Ramadan inshallah :0)

When will you open????

• Suhail 5 August 2011 at 2:27 am #

Afaf, in November inshallah.

11. nada 5 August 2011 at 4:02 am #

hi

thank u first fr ur care nd concern in developing bdc

secong fr opening nearer locations such as manama nd muharraq.

as in muharraq area i suggest a good location which is EMAX SHOPPING MALL CENTRE
    as emax moved to alwaha shopping mall centre in muharraq..and thus there is vacancy fr bdc…

or alwaha shoppnear the petrol station in muharraq there r buildings s with show room

thank u nd keep it up Suhail!!!

• Suhail 5 August 2011 at 5:27 am #

Thank you Nada. Muharraq next year inshallah if all goes well. Thanks for the tip.

12. titus 7 August 2011 at 7:29 am #

Congrats .. Thoughtful move..

13. Samir 12 August 2011 at 3:37 pm #

Great move will definitely join in November once you are up and running in Bahrain Mall.

Also a question I have always wanted to ask, I drove all the way to Hamala to check out the DBC way was impressed wanted to join but the distance put me off, however what I saw at DBC made me wonder why dont you allow DBC to spread in small centres by Franchising it.

Bahrain faces an obesity epidemic DBC has a great solution but many mid level executives are put off by the cost once they have visited DBC from the four of us who visited Hamala only I was ready to join because I can afford it my other colleagues were disappointed as its out of their reach. If you truly think about it mid level salary earners with around BD 750/- pm salary cannot afford such luxuries, yes it is a luxury for them.

Hence why not Franchise the DBC system allow 200sq.mtr shops to spread out people come in do the 23mins and go home you dont provide the showers etc in Franchise outlets, you quality control the equipment and the training of instructors create a value chain at the same time benefit the wider society by developing a great business.

14. Sayed 15 August 2011 at 6:14 am #

bad news I hope to keep it in Hamala as well. the new location does not suit me at all. very hard to upon me.

15. nouf salman 28 August 2011 at 6:12 am #

كل التوفيق وانشاء الله يتسنى لنا الوقت لننظم اليكم بعد رمضان
    وكل عام وانتم بخير

16. ahmed 10 October 2011 at 5:35 am #

Dear Suhail,

I truly think that you made a wise decision.
    Relocating to Bahrain Mall should help you in lots of ways. You gonna benefit from the car park “issue solved”, The place is much easier to find, Expanding your market share should be much more easier, Thousands of people go to the mall everyday “I guess you gonna spend less on marketing”.

I wish you the best bro.

1. The New DreamBody Centre – 3D Perspectives. | Suhail Algosaibi’s Radical Dojo - 21 August 2011

[…] couple of weeks ago I announced that the DreamBody Centre was moving to the Bahrain Mall.  Today, I want to show you some of the […]