Why I'm Travelling To India

The beauty of Kerala. Taken from AliaAlmoayedblog.com

The beauty of Kerala. Taken from AliaAlmoayedblog.com

It’s been a tough couple of years for me.  The stress levels reached an all time high.  I’ve slowly and reluctantly come to the realisation that I’m not unstoppable.

I’ve been firing on all cylinders since I started my first business, with lots of stress and not much sleep.  To be honest it didn’t bother me that much.  Being an entrepreneur is much like being on a roller-coaster, with extreme highs and lows, not to mention sharp turns left and right.  It’s mostly fun.

But over time there is an accumulative effect.  The “camel that broke the camel’s back” as it were, was my late father getting sick.  It was a very difficult 9 months for me, my mother and siblings.  And of course his death devastated us.

I now find my self busier than ever with my new added responsibilities since he passed away.  I’m having trouble sleeping, and am unfocused.  Also I find I have a short fuse, and I’m feeling lethargic.  So in order to avoid some sort of mental break down, I’m going on a holiday for some much needed rest and relaxation.  It’s the first time I go on holiday without family or friends, and I can’t wait.

The reason I’m going to India (Kerala to be specific) is because my wife went earlier in the year and she loved it.  I will be doing an Ayurvedic treatment with a reputable doctor there.  Who knows, I might decide to settle there.  Maybe change my name, buy a house and just escape…

I’m not sure if I’ll be blogging from there.  I might do if I’m inspired and not too busy relaxing and sipping coconut milk 🙂

Talk to you soon.

8 Responses to Why I'm Travelling To India

1. Alia Almoayed 1 November 2010 at 1:19 am #

you’ll need a much thicker mustache if you decide to settle in Kerala 🙂

2. aisha 1 November 2010 at 11:34 am #

wooow

my driver doesn’t stop talking about India and the beauty nature there .. i wish i have a long vacation to visit it , enjoy , relax away from books , studying and university ..

Happy journey 4 u

3. Sal 1 November 2010 at 2:24 pm #

Have a pleasant, relaxing trip 🙂

4. Suhail 2 November 2010 at 2:27 am #

Thanks guys 🙂

5. dr najmudheen 2 November 2010 at 9:21 am #

happy to hear that u hv chosen my state 4 ur trip
    Happy ayurvedic Tx for mind and body rejuvenation

6. Will Newman 6 November 2010 at 6:27 am #

Dear Suhail, grieving is a process, and you are to be congratulated for understanding that you need time and rest to heal. You have a bright future; many love and admire you; and your family cherishes you. So your rest and relaxation is important and fully deserved. Peace, Will

7. Monika 10 November 2010 at 12:08 am #

You will love Kerala….its serene, calm and relaxing. I’m from India and I know realize being far off from my land, how amazing it is. BTW, I read your 7 books references….will be reading all the books. Infact I have/ had touched 3 books but as always…never finished any…but I do intend to read it all this time…will start with ‘The Field’!!!

Have a safe journey and just stay on ur guard a lil while you are on holidays

1. Eight Days in Kerala | Suhail Algosaibi’s Radical Dojo - 13 November 2010

[…] returned a couple of days ago from my trip to Trivandrum, in Kerala, India.  It was the first time ever I went on holiday on my own — no family and no friends.  I had a […]