The Falak Big Bang 2010!

Falak BIG BANG Logo

Wow, wow, wow!  What a great two days we had!  Last Wednesday and Thursday we had our annual Big Bang, and what a Big Bang it was!  The Big Bang (a term I borrowed from EO) is our annual training, motivation, fun and games, team building, and bonding event.  It’s an exclusive event just for our Team Members.  We actually close all our locations during these two days and focus exclusively on our Team Members.

What an exhausting two days! Day One started with a group circuit workout in DBC Hamala.  This was followed by an Introduction to NLP presentation given by me.  We then had lunch in Pastarito in City Centre, followed by bowling (which I won again!).  We then made our way to the Royal Golf Club in Riffa Views, where we were given some golf lessons.  I think they call it a golf clinic.  We were taught how to putt, chip and drive.

I discovered I was really – and I mean really – bad at golf!  I did really badly in the driving range.  Zuhair, our company driver – who never golfed in his life – felt sorry for me and started giving me some tips.  “Look Mr. Suhail.  You hold the club like this, and then you swing like this!” he told me, whacking the ball into the distance.  Yeah but I can still kick your backside I thought to myself.  Other people who turned out to be talented in Golf were DBC GM Mark Salvador and Zen-Do Head Instructor Vinod Joseph.  It’s liked they played their whole life!  After that we had dinner in the club, in the restaurant Links.  There we told jokes and just laughed and laughed.  What a great first day!

Day Two started with team building training session with Trainer Extraordinaire Feda Salameh.  We did some fun games like blindfolded guiding, building towers out of flip chart paper, and the egg wrapping and throwing game.  It was a lot of fun.  As a business owner it was great to see my Team Members having so much fun, and bonding so well.  It really brought me a lot of joy and satisfaction.

The team building session was followed by lunch in Cafe Ceramique in the Aali Mall.  Here each Team Member painted a small tile with their own interpretation of either one of our missions or our Guiding Principles (values).  These will later be collected, framed and hung on our wall.  Cool idea, huh?  Again we had a really good time.  And I discovered how artistic some of our Team Members are.  And it just reaffirmed how artistically untalented I am…

Anyway, this was followed by our much awaited talent competition!  This was extremely popular last year, and so we made a point of doing it again this year.  And boy did we see some great talents.  We had juggling, rope-skipping, chili eating, singing and dancing, make up applying, creating things out of junk, a puppet show, martial arts choreography and painting!  It was just so much fun.  At the end there was a vote for the best talent, and three cups given out.

I also gave away two Extraordinary Falakonian Awards (all Falak Enterprises Team Members are called Falakonians) to two invaluable Team Members; Marketing and Operations Manager Saba Saleem, and Financial Controller and Admin Manager Gemma Austria.  Two very hard working Falakonians who are an integral part of the company, and are very instrumental in making Falak Enterprises what it is today.

When the talent competition and award ceremony was over we went to dinner in Bang Sai Thai.  We had our own room with a karaoke machine – and boy did we use it!  DBC circuit advisor Mahmood Al-Bahaar really made us laugh with his own rendition of Shaggy’s You’re My Angel.  He even sand a Philippino song.  I thought I was going to burst laughing!

There was just so much laughing the whole weekend actually.  I’m still on a high as I write this!  The second day ended at around 12:30 am when we were politely told by the restaurant staff that the restaurant is closing.  I went home exhausted but exhilarated , and when I slept I dreamt I was still at the Big Bang…

I’ve collected some photos for you below.  You can see us doing the cheesy Big Bang sign in most of the photos.  I hope you like them, and talk to you soon.

13 Responses to The Falak Big Bang 2010!

1. Kristel Yap 9 May 2010 at 5:07 am #

Im missing the Big Bang now. I want more!!! 🙂 Thanks Suhail for this magnificient event. Looking forward for more Big Bang events. Thanks too to my Falak family for making this event so memorable and full of happiness 🙂

See you guys around 🙂

2. Mahmood 9 May 2010 at 9:02 am #

I just dont know what to say, thanks alot Sensei Suhail you are the best CEO any company could ever have.

• Suhail 9 May 2010 at 9:12 am #

Thank you both Kristel and Mahmood. I appreciate the kind words. Mahmood, you’re the best Shaggy impersonator Ive ever seen. An Kristel, I have just one word for you – Shakira 🙂

Thanks again guys.

3. The Dr. Is in the house 9 May 2010 at 12:14 pm #

So the CEO won the bowling tournamnt. Why am I not surprised????? 🙂

4. Harjit 9 May 2010 at 11:20 pm #

The big bang 2010 was very much interesing,it was a blend of information, team building,learning, setting onself free to enjoy the fullest and many more avtivites, the most interesing was bowling, golf and karioke,on the otherside, we learned about team building, NLP and how to play a basic golf. Big Bang was worth of time,efforts and money. Thanks to Suhail and Falak Management for organizing such a wondeful event for all of us in FALAK…..looking ahead for the next one in 2011.

• Suhail 9 May 2010 at 11:58 pm #

Thanks Harjit. I’m gad you enjoyed it and benefited. And thank you for being such a valuable Team Member.

5. Michelle Galgana 9 May 2010 at 11:52 pm #

Hello Suhail,

I wanna say thank you very much for having a really2 nice bigbang..I was So happy that i am belonged in your company,because having a CEO like you is such an honor for me,SUhail thank you so much you are the Best CEO that i’ve known ever in my life..I really enjoyed a lot in our bigbang,i was so tired that time but i really2 enjoyed every single minute because no dull moment,and was so fun and i learned a lot especially from your Lecture NLP and from Feeda…Looking forward to have another one Fantastic big bang…Good luck to all of us,May god Be with us all the time

• Suhail 9 May 2010 at 11:59 pm #

Thanks Michelle 🙂 Next year I’ll change my clothes more often than you!!

6. Michelle Galgana 10 May 2010 at 12:03 am #

to Suhail

I thought you will change 5 times in the second day of our bigbang…hehehe ,”)

7. Michelle Galgana 10 May 2010 at 12:04 am #

=D…i will expect that..

8. Angela :) 10 May 2010 at 6:44 am #

Well, what could I say.. I was almost teary-eyed when I watched the Big Bang video.. Seriously. The 2-day event was super duper fun! I’ve learned and enjoyed every single bit of it.. and already looking forward to the next one! Many thanks to our dear CEO and thanks everyone! 😀 say Big Baaaaannnggg.. with the hand sign (guessed am still on the group picture mode.. haha) Let’s keep the Falakonian spirit “on high” (like we all were on those 2 days 🙂 All the best! 🙂

1. The Falak Big Bang Video | Suhail Algosaibi’s Radical Dojo - 13 May 2010

[…] you recall, last week we had our annual Big Bang event.  I shared some photos with you.  Well, the video is finally ready.  Hope you like it.  By the […]