Ouch! The Nastiest Criticism I've Had in a Long Time!

I’m used to being (verbally) attacked every once in a while.  There’s not a single successful person who doesn’t attract at least some degree of criticism.  Believe it or not, being criticised is a good thing!

So, with that in mind, I’d like to share a nasty comment left by “Ayesha”.  It was left on the blog post I wrote about the fake John Hopkins cancer email. Be warned, it contains dirty language and I’ve not edited it.

Dear Mr. Gosaibi,

It has come to my attention that there are a lot of malignant tumours multiplying in your brain producing loads of mucopurulent fibrinous exudate which comes up from your anus and directly out of your mouth …due to reverse peristalsis… it happens because like attracts like… so all the shit down there gets attracted to the shit in your cranial cavity… after which you spew it out to share with us all.

The genetic cause for this seems to be the bullshit gene which got activated when you saw dollars in the charlatan enterprise…

ps..ppl. we love you…if you want to save yourself keep away from this RETARD. Doing a bit of research will show you how dangerously misleading all this is. A bit of truth mixed in with a load of bullcrap.

Sincerely

Ayesha

Is this mean or what?? First of all Ayesha, I forgive you.  No really, I do.  I’m not being sarcastic or anything.  I know you didn’t ask for forgiveness, but I forgive you nonetheless.  I suspect I must have hit a raw nerve with my comments.  I suspect that you or someone you know suffers or suffered from cancer, hence your comments.  If this is the case I’d like to offer you my sincerest apologies for bringing up painful memories.  I hope the fact that you managed to release your anger made you feel better.

If your comments are not related to anyone you know suffering from cancer, then I still forgive you.  And I suggest you stop visiting my blog because it will probably just frustrate you even   more.  Again this is honest to goodness advice, and I say it without any sarcasm.

One more thing Ayesha, on a lighter note, that was the most creative insult I’ve ever received!  Really!  I’ve been insulted before many times but this was by far the most eloquent!  You have some good creative writing skills and I suggest you pursue that – but in a more friendly tone of course.

Moving on to you, dear reader.  Like I said before, being attacked like this is a good thing.  I think Matt Furey said it first, “NO CRITICS = NO SUCCESS.”

The more successful you become the more critics you will have.  It’s a law of the universe and it cannot be changed.  If you’re too friendly (some) people will criticise you and think you’re a pushover.  And if you’re harsh and straight forward (some) people will say you’re mean and rude.  If you’re ambitious (some) people will say you’re greedy and perhaps even corrupt.  If you’re not ambitious and content (some) people will call you a lazy bum.  There’s no escape from criticism.

Another thing. There are people in this world who can’t wait to get offended.  The moment they wake up they are on a mission to get offended by someone or something, and they can’t wait to criticise someone.  Though I’ve never met her, it sounds like Ayesha is in this category.  And the more successful you are the more criticism will come your way.  So believe it or not getting a comment like this is actually a sign of success!

Don’t Defend Yourself

I want to share another nugget of wisdom with you.  I heard it from Deepak Chopra, at a live event here in Bahrain, and it had a huge impact on me.  He said something to the effect of don’t justify yourself to others.  I later heard a more detailed explanation on one of his audio programmes where he explained that when you don’t defend yourself you become defenceless, and when you become defenceless, there’s nothing for others to attack.  I love it!

Though I’ve probably given miss Ayesha way more attention than she deserves, notice that I didn’t defend or justify my actions, because I didn’t feel the need to.  I did apologise, but I did not justify or defend myself.  I wanted to be better than she was, but I also think she spoke from a place of pain, and I didn’t want to make it worse.  I could have been as nasty as she  was, or given her some sort of witty reply, but what’s the point, right?

Well, that’s that.  Look forward to seeing your comments.

19 Responses to Ouch! The Nastiest Criticism I've Had in a Long Time!

1. Sanjay Dheer 2 May 2009 at 9:03 am #

Hi All,
    I saw the mail one Ms. Ayesha wrote on your blog. I quite agree with your views Mr. Suhail Algosaibi that the mail indeed is spiteful and quite insulting.
    But that wouldn’t take away any credit from Ms. Ayesha that she actually took time out to express her view point and the language or the choice of her words is indeed praiseworthy. Barring few words that she has used, Ayesha comes across as someone with remarkable command on english language.
    Thanks for publishing it.
    Quite liked the language not the text so much though.
    regards

sanjay dheer

2. Yousif 2 May 2009 at 9:09 am #

well from my point of view, she shouldnt have replied that way!! but liked your come back it was calm and cold but If i was Aysha and you reply back with this come back this would piss me off!!

Thank’s for sharing it off.

3. LZ 2 May 2009 at 9:14 am #

First, I have absolutly no idea why anyone should speak to others in such a “low …..” manner. Even if someone is offended by something you say or something you did or do they should simply avoid listening to you or monitoring your actions, it’s a FREE WORLD!; Unless, it’s directed to them in person.
    Secondly, I admire your reply Sohail, you are an educated and open-minded young man, who is the son of one of the “Icons” of the region in presenting progression & everything that represents a civilized society.
    I personally was impressed by your achievements but not at all surprised!
    Unfortunately,only fruiting trees are stoned!
    Finally, each person is a production of his/her enviornment.
    Good luck brother and keep up what you are doing…

4. Essa 2 May 2009 at 9:56 am #

Hi,
    My concern goes to this lady, she must have realy a big problem that have pushed this far, I hope she would take your advice and quit logging to your blog, one last thing I suggest that next time such language must not be shown, there must be away to avoid your young viewers to look at it.

Essa

5. The Voice Within 2 May 2009 at 12:06 pm #

Funny! If you were in the business of tobacco and alcohol you would be left in peace. Switch sides bro, people are not worthy of your dedication or time. Kill em all!

6. Farah 2 May 2009 at 4:00 pm #

Hyy

Seriously Ayesha i dont know what you where thinking when you wrote this…. what ever you got in your mind regarding him and the company…. That is so not true… I have been there and i know what ever goes on… So what if your one of the millions people who doesnt like it… But you know that very well that this thing will affect u… No matter what.

Chao Honey….

7. salah 2 May 2009 at 5:01 pm #

Hi to all,

I do agree with Sanjay, the lady has very good comand of english , but as you (Sohail) said she could use it in a much better productive way, I’m not used to use such language, but excuse me I will use an old local saying “if you throw a stone on the sh*t it will splash back on you”, so I would go for deepak cohpra,s defendless option.

God bless all

8. Faris 2 May 2009 at 8:10 pm #

Nice post. every now and again a youtube commenter loses their way and ends up on another site by mistake. 😛

9. John 2 May 2009 at 9:33 pm #

Dear Suhail,

I am not sure what is the point “Ayesha” is trying to make. But i can tell you that she definitely took a hell lot of time to choose her words. She is either a biology student wanting to study medicine so she wrote this big pile of monkey crap to practice her medical terminology. And if we think about it she is probably on some sort of stimulant drug such as Daizepam which caused her to be awake for several days and hence memorize all these words. not to mention that she did sound neurotic. either that or she was practicing for some spelling bee. i can see her practicing for this by visiting lots of sites with insults and hence copy/paste. what she is basically saying that pus and mucus go back to the brain ( i never even heard of such a medical term) which shows you that she is dellusional. Dude, i gotts tell you from one martial artisit to another, the best defence is an all out attack. then again thats me. but you did come back in a very classy way which i do commend highly. If it was me i would’ve stomped a mudhole up her ass and/or opened a can of whop ass on her. again this is me. Suhail, just keep up your good work in your dojo. Teaching kids and giving them confidence and shwoing them respect far beats any words ppl throw at you. Like the late great 2 pac said, “only god can judge me”.

god bless you man.

Sorry i took long words but these ppl piss me off bro.

10. Zooz 2 May 2009 at 10:47 pm #

Hi Sohail! Thanks for bringing my attention to your blog spot. I found Ayesha’s “diagnosis” interesting…. revolting, yet interesting! She does have good English skills, but anyone who studied medicine would use that medical jargon. Basically, mucopurulent exudate is pus mixed with mucus! and peristalsis is the bowel movements. She must be a doctor of some sort who couldn’t wait to show off what she learned in med school! poor kid! she probably is ignored in the rounds (pretty much like that blonde girl in Scrubs) or is mocked by her professor… pay no attention to people like that who have nothing interesting to say and are trying to get ur attention in a very cheap way!

I hope that educated people who use your blog or any others do so wisely.

Keep up the good work!
    Ciao!

11. Susan 3 May 2009 at 10:46 am #

Hi! After reading ‘Ayesha’s mail made me laugh sooo much that it made my day….she is one hell of a joker…she should be a stand-up comedian..hahahahahahaha…..
    She is definitely either a doctor or studying to be one…..I feel sorry for her patients!!!!!
    Your reply to her was “PERFECT”

Take Care! Be Good! and Have A Nice Day!!!

12. Ghada 3 May 2009 at 12:28 pm #

A person may say a word that is pleasing to Allah (S.W.T.) and he may not think much of it, but Allah (S.W.T.) will, (because of that word), bestow his pleasure upon him on the Day of Judgment, and a person may say a word that is displeasing to Allah (S.W.T.), and he may not think much of it, but Allah will have, (because of that word) his wrath and anger on him on the Day of Judgment
    Allah says:
    O you who believe! Let not a group of you belittle another; it may be that the latter are better than the former. Nor let some women belittle other women; it may be that the latter are better than the former. Nor defame one another, nor insult one another with nicknames. How bad it is to charge someone with iniquity after they have believed. And whosoever does not repent, such are indeed transgressors. O you who believe, avoid much suspicion; indeed some suspicions are sins. And spy not, nor backbite one another.
    The individual in Muslim society is responsible to help in preserving the general order and to refrain from any behavior that could harm society or work against its interests. Allah says:
    The believers, men and women, are protectors of one another; they enjoin what is right, forbid what is wrong, perform prayer, keep the fasts, and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah will have mercy on them. Surely Allah is Almighty, All Wise.
    The goal of your talk should be good,beneficial,and truthful. People should Refrain from swearing unless it is necessary.Every person should Talk only within their knowledge and expertise, and do not talk about what you do not know.There should always be a goal from your talk and conversation with others is to reach the truth, and reveal the falsehood.
    Mr.Suhail your reply was very calm and professional and I look forward in becoming an opend-minded educated young lady just like you in my future life.

13. Reem Osman 5 May 2009 at 9:15 am #

Wow.

Now I have been receiving newsletter emails on an almost daily basis from Suhail for as long as I care to remember. Some of which I read, some I admittedly don’t. Never-the-less, this morning I decided to read one… and oooh does this float my boat!

I LOVE the fact that so many of you have decided to “praise Ayesha’s command of the English language”… hmmm, As a Brit, I think I would refer to it more like an excellent command of a thesaurus and a medical textbook.

Yes, you may not agree with everything Suhail says, and everyone is entitled to their opinion, but… come one…I think a chill pill is required here! Or possibly you should take up some kind of martial arts (possibly not at ZenDo – conflict of interest and all that!), to channel all your obvious excessive energy…

Her comment reminds me of the time on Friends, where Joey signs his name Baby Kangaroo Tribbiani, at the end of his letter….

Think about it people, credit where credit is due. While many of you may have a bone to pick with Suhail, you have to admit, he is very very good at what he does, and how he markets what he does. Jealousy is an ugly ugly thing.
    Good luck with the rest of the fall out Suhail!

Sincerely

Gazelle….oops, I mean Reem!

14. Marwa 5 May 2009 at 12:13 pm #

I would like to know why Ayesha said all that stuff. Maybe it was the pricing of your DBC that got her…or maybe your guarantees?

Well, to be honest Suhail, I really want to go to your gym, but the price is too ridiculous. and I’ve been working my ass off just to try and pay for it. I swear, if it doesn’t give me the body of my dreams, I WILL KILL YOU!…

Good luck 🙂

15. Yavuz 6 May 2009 at 1:59 am #

As a Zendo student from back in the squash court days, I was a little bit disappointed as the club progressed; Prices increased significantly and Suhail was obviously going for something different. As a result of the drastic increase in the number of students, the spark I had for the club sort-of died off and so I left (i left close to 3 years ago). I think the club lost abit of quality for quantity, especially with Imran’s departure. The club used to be spontanious back then, but gradually became monotonous and structured. I think you could avoid negative comments of these sort if would wind-down the number of advertisements you publish, and how you publish them. In marketing, there are principles for how frequently you need to publish ads, and you definitely exceed the limit. Also, your zendo and DBC websites, which follow the “stickiness” approach for marketing,I find to be very cheap (again, quantity VS quality).. Your marketing approach gave her very high expectations, but you’ve failed to meet them; that is the only cause for negative reviews. I still love what you do Suhail, and wish you the best of luck

16. Fathima 10 May 2009 at 5:42 pm #

peoplllllle dont u c y aysha wrote all those?its cz sohail has bulshited …i am a medical student and this is just dum….
    btw the DBC is useless ive been der its jst over prized.and it does no good his so called hydrolic machines and bla bla…

17. Ayesha 10 May 2009 at 6:00 pm #

Hello all,

I am back again. I’m afraid my previous post gave people the wrong impression, what with everyone assuming things left, right and center…
    Well Sohail, Alhamdulilliah neither I or anyone close to me is suffering from cancer. However you were right, all that I wrote does come from a place deep within.
    Its called my conscience, and I could not just stand by while letting this vile quackery go on.
    Its alright, believe what you wish to, I won’t stop you from guzzling down carrot juice and refuse all conventional treatment, if you ever had cancer
    I do not have issues with that.

But what you do on this blog is dangerous.

Cancer is a serious disease. It can kill. But with treatment, it can go into remission or buy you some extra time on this planet.

You may be a certified in kickboxing, but on WHAT AUTHORITY did you suggest treatment for a person with grade 4 brain cancer?
    Advertising and recommending fake treatments for a few dollars? I do not call that success. I call that quackery.

NB: I felt compelled to use strong strong language to express my opinions. Look at Annemaries reply after mine. She basically said the same thing, but who listened?

TC All